Well....we left the 85 degree weather here in Arizona and made the trip back to Utah---where Isaac's parents are guaranteed to have a fantastic Thanksgiving meal (they did NOT let us down). Also, we got to see one of Isaac's really good friends get married!! Congratulations Chris and Jen!
To start off the trip--we were planning to get on our plane at the scheduled 8:55pm lift off.....we had a shuttle picking us up and were ready to brave the airport on Wednesday. Wrong. The flight ended up being delayed until 12:15am. Nice. Luckily the airline called us to let us know....and after all the hours of waiting just as we were ready to FINALLY board the plane, a guy started the funniest temper tantrum I have ever seen! Complete with pounding of fists and pacing back and forth yelling at anyone and everyone that worked in airport. It was hilarious and I admit that I didn't want to leave for a second and really wanted to watch this all unfold. Isaac pulled me over to the gate.....telling me that I loved drama way to much (I claim I was half delirious....it was 12:15AM people--way past my bedtime). We finally arrived at 2:30AM....soooo tired!
Thanksgiving was great! Good, good food! Also, that night I decided to become a black Friday shopper. I had no idea what to expect but I was determined to get a 19 inch flat screen for our bedroom (I know, REAL romantic). My parents were staying in Salt Lake and were smart enough to stay right across from a Circuit City and a Target. Brilliant!!! So, my mom woke me up at 4:30AM....AND, I woke up!!!! We waited in line at Target (brrrr...mind you I had never done this before and was looking around at all the crazy people for 30 minutes before realizing that I was now one of them!) When the line started moving---the adrenaline kicked right in! I busted into the store and started yelling at my mom where to go--she was like lightening with a cart! She had the 3 other things I wanted (and a few I didn't) in her cart before i made my way to the tv's. This is when---I went a little insane. I grabbed two tv's ( I was just there for ONE) and threw them in the cart--they were going so quick! I MUST need two right? And then I noticed some really big boxes that people were going MAD over. So, i rushed over and put my hand on one of the boxes...then slyly asked someone what it was that i was claiming. To make a long story short...my parents were now owners of a 19' flat screen and a 37' flat screen! For a terrific price! What a rush! Regular mall shopping is pretty boring after that action. Mom/Dad---thanks for hanging in there with me--and then buying all the great deals I decided that you NEEDED! :)
The rest of our time was spent shopping, hanging out with friends and family, and eating! It was so good to be back! I didn't get to see Bart, Ashlee, Jadon, Zhoee or Bostyn (now I will be attached to them over Christmas)---but Seth and Mia made up for that!! SOOOO CUTE! Isaac wants a guarantee that we will have kids that cute---so--we may not ever have kids. I cannot make that promise!
Looking forward to Christmas!!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Thanksgiving details...
Posted by
Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee
at
8:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Wow, what a shopping adventure! I'm very impressed. And with your good genes combined with Isaac's, your kids should be beautiful. Who knows - they may even keep some of the darker coloring that Britt's kids have lost!
hey kels!!! We are so good we love california so so much. How are you two love birds? whats new are you going home for Christmas also?
Hey Kels, How are you? I am so happy that you have a blog. Joe and I were at Target that day too. I can't believe Ashley has three kids. They are adorable. We are so excited to keep in touch.
Hey I am so happy that you found my blog! I like your Black Friday shopping story.. too funny!
KELSIE-
You always make me laugh. I could just picture the whole shopping adventure while I was reading it. You can't imagine how sad I am to not have been there. Those darn in-laws taking up our time getting us sick. jk
I can't wait to see you guys. I don't even want you to stop in SLC just come straight to our house. I wish!!!! I love you and miss you more than you know!!!
I've updated my blog like 4 times this week already so no more nasty comments from you. OK
Love ya
So check out the newest pics of Bostyn, I have had a few people say he looks like you too. Seriously!!!! He is starting to get that round face of yours. I guess I'm lucky to have kids that look like you. Sorry if you have nappy haired, freckly faced, loud kids like I was (or still am, whatever)???? Highly unlikly with that Mexican skin of Isaacs. They'll be tan and gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment