Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Trujillo Happenings...


Hi! My mom has been pretty disappointed in my blogging skills or lack thereof recently--so here is a little recap of what we have been up to. (Hi mom!)


Isaac is a sneaky guy....for my birthday in October he kept trying to convince me that I wanted a sewing machine for a present. I would think about it and then let him know that I really wasn't interested in sewing. But he would bring it up over and over again. (I figured that I can sew on a button if really needed and that could be the extent of my sewing skills.) Come to find out--HE was the one that wanted a sewing machine! He was trying to benefit off of my birthday presents! I clued in my mom and she got us one for Christmas. So, here is a picture of Isaac sewing a hem on a skirt for me! How awesome is that?!? I have a personal seamster (seamstress sounded to feminine!).


Isaac decided it was time for his annual surgery...This is his 3rd surgery in our 3 years of marriage. I am a pro now at what happens before, during and after he goes under the knife.
Before: wake up insanely early just so we can sit in the waiting room for hours :) Take pictures of Isaac all smiley and awake with his cute little cap on.
During: go back home and take a nap. I figure that since he gets to go to sleep, so should I :) Plus, waiting in the waiting room is over-rated.
After: Pick up a drowsy, out-of-it Isaac (this can sometimes be entertaining) and get instructions for his care. He may be a little bummed because he is uncomfortable or in a little pain--So I offer to get him whatever kind of food he is feeling.....Take him home and make sure he is comfortable with his pain meds within reach.

A knee the size of my head.



This is our routine....and why I think he actually almost enjoys getting surgery. I wait on him, bring his ice bags to ice his knee and he gets unlimited O'douls while enjoying the T.V.

Oh yeah-I actually get to do this all over again in a month. Except it is going to be a way worse surgery and he will be on crutches for at least 6 weeks. I will be the size of a house with this baby and we will probably both need a wheelchair to get around. :)

Isaac is determined that that this little girl come out singing along to all Led Zepplin's songs.





Here I am at 22 & 24 weeks. Ugh. Getting bigger and bigger. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this baby--I don't LOVE having a big old gut :) She has been pretty active....even kicking Isaac's hand around a few times.




6 comments:

Amy said...

Tell Isaac that he needs to be taking care of you, not the other way around. And let him know that there are other ways of getting attention besides surgery.
Your belly is getting so cute! We could not be more excited for you guys.

Alisha LeBaron said...

you are a cute pregnant person! Sorry to hear about issac. Hopefully he is recovering well. I love that you are putting the headphones on your belly!

Felicia said...

Kelsie you are an adorable pregnant woman! The great thing about being tall is that you don't get hugely pregnant...believe me. Remember, I am 5 ft tall and I was "as big as a house!" Keep posting cute prego pics!

Tai and Joe said...

I am impressed with Isaac's sewing skills. I got a machine for my birthday last year and I was kind of mad. Joe is better at it than me. Bummer, about surgery again. I work at a hospital and I always feel bad for the knees surgerys. Hope he recovers fast.
Looks like we got denied from Glen Dale, Arizona which we really wanted. That was the DO school too. We are still waiting on Chicago and New York. So we will see.

Kathryn said...

yeah pregnant bellies always looks better on other people...well that is my thought anyway because I hate it on me but it looks cute on so many other people! well I am sorry about isaac....hopefully someday he will be all better!

kurt and ash said...

Kels! You are darling pregnant!! :)