Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spin cycle crickets

Attention: Crickets were injured and/or killed during the following post.

For a few days I had heard a cricket in my laundry room....I would search for it--but never find it. Then, as I went to put a load of laundry in--I found 2 crickets IN MY WASHER! Ugh! I hate crickets, they make my heart race and my skin crawl. I hate how they jump sporadically, make annoying sounds and have creepy long feeler antennas. There was no way I was sticking my hand in there to get them out, and I was kind of pissed that these crickets thought that my washer was a rendezvous place.....So, I did what any true cricket hater would do--I put them through a wash cycle....complete with Tide. After the spin cycle I opened the lid expecting to see dead crickets (smile) but apparently crickets can live through wash and spin cycles(so can their creepy antennas)--Tide does not phase them either--BUT-Bleach does :)
My washer lid will now stay closed in between washes.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

HAH! Thats a good story! Bleach, that's the answer, it'll kill anything. I was a big cricket in the garage while we were loading up for Vegas and freaked out! I hate them too!!!

Ashlee said...

Saw a big cricket, I was not a big cricket! sorry about my proof reading.

Tai and Joe said...

Oh man, I love the sound of crickets. But, I would be so grossed out if they were in my washer. I wouldn't want to touch them either. You make me laugh, bleach? I bet that burned the crap out of them.

The Rubens said...

ohhh crickets aren't so bad. they're symbolic of the harvest. cockroaches on the other hand symbolize filth and nastiness. we just bought a house that was empty for 9 months and there were quite a few of both running around in the garage. way cute kid by the way.