Oh yeah. I ran. I conquered. BUT-let me give you a little background......I am NOT a runner. Nope, nope nope. Isaac has always wanted me to and so throughout our marriage when I would feel like being a nice wife I would go out and run a mile or so (maybe 1.02 miles) with him. What would happen during the run would be an intense hate, er, dislike toward him. So I concluded it was not good for our marriage and I needed to sit the runs out. :)
Enter the Nike Plus. Turns out I can and will run when I can see my progress on my nano. I want to hear/see how far I have gone, calories burned, time, etc. Then I can HATE the voice in my ear telling my I still have 4 miles to go---instead of hating Isaac. Ahh-ha. Problem sloved.
Carlie called and talked both Ashlee and I into running in the Peach Days 5K. I thought...hmm...I can do a 5K.
Then it turned out to be a 10K.
Then Carlie ditched out.
I had to convince Ashlee to still do it with me. I think she thought I was kidding at first. Lets just say my parents let me know that out of their 3 daughters....I was last on their list of someone who would want to run a 10K....just because. Ha. I was last on my list too.
Bos and Zho with their sweaty Aunt.
Thanks for running it with me Ash! I had fun---next time we will be at the start line when they start the race :)


6 comments:
I thought about running that race too. I am the same way running with Joe. We fight like crazy! Hello he is 5 inches taller than me, there is no possible way to keep up. Its gotten better he is a little more patient with me. I never thought I would enjoy running. But ever sense I rant eh 5k I am addicted.
You are awesome!! I hate running, and always wish I didn't, so I admire anyone who runs!!!!I am like you though, I might like it if I could see the calories I am burning and stuff, I have to be able to see my progress!!!
Hi Isaac and Kelsie! Isaac this is chelsey vigil (lisa's little sister) I saw your blog from nick's and I wanted to just say hey. You guys are a very cute couple. Also, I'm sure lisa would love to see your blog and keep in touch, she has one as well. It is on my blog under lisa and ammon if you wanted to check it out. Thanks!
You look great for having run a 10k, my dear! I looked like death after my 5k...
Hey Sarah! I NEED to be invited to see your blog......i miss it! If you read this please grant me access.
Thanks!
kelsie_77@hotmail.com
It was fun!!!
Tell me when we're running next and I'll get training. Hey... You know how we both agreed we perfer the male voice on the nike plus? You can go in and change it, just go into settings, then spoken feedback and change it to male. Love ya!!
Post a Comment