Sunday, May 31, 2009

May 19, 2009



I was scheduled to be induced on the 21st. My mom was flying in on the 20th and Isaac's parents were coming in on the 21st. No hospital bag was packed because.....I had 2 MORE DAYS. I had NO contractions.....and 2 more days of work before I called it quits to welcome this baby into the world....on the 21st. She was not going to catch me off guard...nope, nope, nope.



Then, the 19th happened. No groceries were bought (again, i had 2 more days), there were dishes in the sink and my husband was still on his dang crutches. I woke up to get ready for work around 6:30. Suspecting something was wrong.....possible amniotic leakage. I decided I was paranoid and that googling it on the internet would put me at ease....I went downstairs, input my question on our google home page and........GUSH! How ironic is it that I was googling about water breaking when my water broke? I rushed upstairs and started yelling at a sleeping Isaac.



Me- "My water just broke!!! Crap, we have furniture being delivered today! I have two more days. I NEED two more days. I have to go to work!(gush, gush....down my leg) Ewww....I have to get in the shower!"



Isaac- "huh? Are you sure?"



Kelsie- " Uh, yeah I am sure. I have complete bladder control....this is not that"



Isaac- "Yesssss. That means you won't get stretch marks after all. Yessssss."



Kelsie - gush....gush.....:(



After a quick shower and packing the hospital bag (all of which I got to load into the car, the joys of having a husband on crutches. Not quite the way I had pictured it) we were off to the hospital. Next came some crazy insane contractions, ice chips, an epidural (AAaahhhHHH), 12 hours and over an hour of pushing (pushing sucks), at 9:18 PM Adlee was born. I cried as hard as she did when she came out, and I wanted to hold her even though she was covered in nasty white stuff. That is love.



Isaac watched the whole thing and he still loves me :) He ate a cheese burger while all I could eat was ice chips and I still love him.



Life is good....









11 comments:

The Christensens said...

You are so funny!!! And she is so so beautiful!! HOW FUN!

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH! SHE IS SO FREAKIN ADORABLE! I'm so jealous you get to put big flowers on her head... I REALLY wanted a girl just for that reason. Oh well, maybe next time. We miss you guys!

Simper Family said...

LOl... you are funny. I can say that now, but in a few weeks my own story will be reality. I wish Makayla would come so she and I will have some good decent time with the fam before we join you down in the HEAT! I am so happy for you. She is so stinkin cute, wahoo! We'll see you soon enough, I'm sure. :)

Trista and Tyce said...

Kelsie, she is beautiful!! Congrats on your baby girl!

Tai and Joe said...

She is adorable. I am so excited for you guys.

The Bundy Family said...

Oh my goodness! She is beautiful and I am so proud of you. I know how those contractions feel. I bet you could never have imagined that life could be so great, even though you don't get half the amount of sleep you need. She is worth every second. Beautiful!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

She is TOO CUTE!!!* O my word, I am baby hungry now thanks! Haha!

Hey girl I am hosting a Peanut Posh party on June 9th. Your invited to come play! Check out their stuff at Www.peanutposh.com. Friends and family welcome!

If you can't make it and want to order let me know and we can ship it to you. Jhula12@hotmail.com

You can order ahead of time and have your stuff to take home that night if you email the order by the 5th!

Staci said...

So precious!! I want to hold her:)

angie said...

Funny story!!! She is so beautiful!! Congrats guys.

Alisha LeBaron said...

Kelsey, she is adorable. so precious! I am glad she is finally here! Congratulations!

Jessica said...

She is beautiful - and you guys are so cute with her! Welcome to the world, baby Adlee. Enjoy the ride!

By the way, nice new house!